INTRODUCTION TO OUR POLICY
CONTACT US REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Attention to: Jeff Wade
Telephone number: 0456 772 886
Mail: 4 Burke St, Rangeville, QLD, 4350
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Data collected directly from you
When you use our website or related services, the personal data we collect includes data collected directly from you. This may be done through this website, over the phone, or by email. The data collected includes, but is not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and, optionally, your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and (optionally) telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order.
- other information required to be able to process your order, such as information concerning the products you have ordered, the billing and delivery address, banking and/or credit card details.
- if you have created an online profile, the preferences and interests stored in this profile (please see below for further information concerning the profiles).
- if you have contacted customer service, the details of this contact and the contact history.
Data collected by automated means
Various technologies may be used on our website and our (mobile and web-based) applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user’s personal data. Examples of such technologies include:
- Click-stream data: A visit to one of our websites results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data can include, in particular, the following:
- the visitor’s IP address
- the date and time of the visit
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come)
- the pages visited on our website
- information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc).
- Flash Cookies: A particular form of cookie is the flash cookie. In contrast to normal cookies, these cookies are not created and saved by the web browser but are governed by the Adobe Flash plug-in. These can contain more information than normal cookies and cannot be deleted or disabled via the browser; this is only possible using tools such as the Adobe Flash Player website. You can also obtain more information about these cookies on that website.
- Web Beacons and Tracking Links: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clean GIFs) involve graphics that are not apparent to the user. Tracking links and/or similar technologies consist of a few lines of programming code and can be embedded in our website or our (mobile) applications. In conjunction with cookies, these are primarily used for statistical analysis purposes. This technology can also be used for tracking traffic patterns on websites, as well as finding out if an e-mail has been received and opened and to see if there has been any response.
- Web Analytics: Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behaviour of visitors to websites and (mobile) applications. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website or (mobile) application, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. For these purposes, we primarily make use of click-stream data and the other techniques listed above. Web analytics are carried out by Google Analytics and/or other selected parties. You can find out more information about the processing of web analytics data by Google Analytics in paragraph on Google Analytics below.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
We use your personal data for the purposes of serving you. This includes:
- providing you with the products and services that you have requested e.g. notify you regarding the status of your order or delivery, assessment of your creditworthiness (for which we may use third parties).
- providing you with a convenient shopping experience.
- contacting you for feedback after a sale of a product or service.
We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business, such as:
- complying with our legal obligations and requirements.
- enforcing obligations owed to us.
- research into the development of new products and services or improvement our existing products and services.
- accounting, risk management and record keeping.
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis.
- staff training.
If you have consented, we may also use your personal data for the purposes of marketing products and services offered on the website e.g. informing you of our latest activities, special offers, promotions or sending you newsletters about products and promotions. In order for us to market products and services which are of special interest and relevance to you, we may analyse and rely on your overall interaction with us (such as but not limited to your shopping behaviour in e-shops, your use of loyalty programmes, your ratings and reviews of products, your contact history with our customer service, your newsletter clicks/ opening results, your surfing behaviour (web tracking), the newsletter types you are subscribed to, your participation in promotions or events, your interactions with us and your use of (mobile) applications).
If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments, suggestions, we will use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you and provide you with the best service possible. If you are the complainant and you do not want us to disclose your identity to the party you are complaining about, you must let us know immediately. However, it may not always be possible to handle your complaint on the basis of anonymity.
If we need to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not sell your data to third parties. We may disclose or share your personal data with third parties who provide necessary services to us, such as:
- Officers of Wade Pastoral QLD Pty Ltd, service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency check and address check, etc.
- our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
In disclosing your personal data to third parties, we may transfer your personal data outside Australia.
Our website and (mobile or web-based) applications may provide you with Social Plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our website or via our (mobile) applications will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you are logged in on one of the social networks during the visit of one of our websites or (mobile or web-based) applications the social network might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the Social Plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network. In case you do not wish such a data transfer, please log off on your social network before you enter one of our websites or (mobile or web-based) applications.
We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the Social Plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
We may offer location-enabled services within some of our (mobile or web-based) applications, such as Google Maps and Bing Maps. If you use those (mobile or web-based) applications, they may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location. You are always asked if the Geolocation Service can be activated and you can also object to this Geolocation Service within the respective (mobile or web-based) application.
WEB ANALYTICS BY GOOGLE ANALYTICS
The web analytic services on our website and (mobile or web-based) applications are provided by Google Analytics (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245). This means that when you visit our website or (mobile or web-based) applications, a cookie by Google Analytics will be stored on your computer or mobile device, except when your browser settings don’t allow for such cookies.
This further means that when you visit our website or (mobile or web-based) application, the web analytics data described above in paragraph 2 – including the “click-stream data”, the data from “web beacons and tracking links” and information stored in Google Analytics’ cookies – will be sent to Google Analytics for analysis for and on behalf of us. Please note that if you have created an online profile at our website or (mobile or web-based) application and if you are logged on in this profile, a unique number identifying this profile is also being sent to Google Analytics in order to be able to match the web analytics data to this profile.
You can learn more about the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on at: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=181881
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to:
- request to be provided with your personal data which is in our possession.
- ask for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data in the one-year period preceding your request.
- We may charge you a fee for responding to your requests. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and will respond to your request once payment is received.
You also have the right to:
- make corrections to your personal data which is in our possession.
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data.
- Any marketing or promotional materials that we provide to you may also contain instructions on how you may unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving such materials.
We will use reasonable efforts to provide, correct or delete our records of your personal data. We may be prevented by law from complying with your request. We may also decline your request if the law permits us to do so.
In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you register at our sites, we ask you to set up a username and password that you can use to access your information at our sites. If you want to change your username or password or cancel your account, click on “My Account” from any page, or click on "Manage Your Account" from within the Help Desk and follow the instructions.
We maintain appropriate, administrative, technical, organisational and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use, and other unlawful forms of processing.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt transmissions of sensitive information from your computer to our servers.
Interacting with social media on our website
We may receive information from third parties through the social links presented on our website in the form of social buttons like Tweet, Like, Pin it or G+1. By clicking on one of these buttons, you will be prompted to log in to the corresponding social website; you will essentially be browsing both our website and the social platform at the same time, but your experience with the social components will be governed by the privacy and other policies of the social platform. The privacy settings you have chosen on that social platform will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings accordingly.
In addition, you have the option of registering for our website using a social media account such as Facebook or Google+, or linking your existing accounts together. When you do so, you will be prompted to review and accept the terms of the application that powers the connection between our website and theirs. This will describe the types of data that may be shared between our website and the social media site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites, applications and services before linking or connecting them to our website. You may also unlink your third-party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third-party service.
We take security very seriously, so your personal details will be protected. We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket layer (SSL) and other reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorised use or disclosure. All the confidential data like payment information is encrypted and transmitted through a secure channel using SSL encryption.
Should any unauthorised charges appear on your credit card as a result of shopping with rockhamptonantennas.com.au, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Please note that we never ask a customer to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Rockhampton Antennas asking you to do so, do not respond and email us.